Monday 11 February 2013

5 Steps to Blog Fame

My first experience with blogging happened with my first personal blog called yourinnergosling.blogspot.com. My blog is a look at a university girls dating life and possibly an obsession with  Ryan Gosling. Just like any girl with a blog, we all want one thing. BLOG FAME! As we all know blog fame leads to a book deal, book tour, TV show, movie and than your own talk show so who wouldn't? To achieve blog fame you need to alter your blog though to achieve and maintain your followers. Its not enough just to share it on you Facebook feed weekly. I needed to learn the tricks of the trade and I'll share with you 5 of them today.

1. Clear and Concise. How many young people like reading? Not many unfortunately. You need to be short and snappy and get your point across. I may not follow this rule so well because I find my writing very endearing( and hope other do too). I do use this with another blog I help maintain and I'd like to think its been rather successful.

2. Grab your viewer. The first sentence is key and its always best to include those key words! In my case, Ryan Gosling, love of my life? By doing this the key words will better help someone searching for a blog like yours actually find it and grab their attention so they don't move onto another site.

3. People LOVE Pictures! As much as I think people like my quick wit, they love to see a picture of Ryan dressed as a Christmas tree more. I was able to trace many of my views back to photos found on google images. Just like this one...



4. Tag your posts. I was a little slow to start on this but tagging is so important. If Ryan Gosling, Gosling, Famous, The Notebook and so on aren't tagged how will people know I'm in love with Mr. Gosling? THEY WON'T.

5. Advertise yourself. YOU are a BRAND. Though its weird to think, you're a brand through your social media whether its Twitter, Facebook or any other platform. By going onto Facebook and sharing your blog people will pass it on if they thinks its worthy. Through twitter use the power of the hashtag, and use those same SEO words to gain views and followers. Dare to be different and even TWEET at the celebrity!

So read my blog and pass it on. I could be the next Ellen, just only if I achieve blog fame though!

No comments:

Post a Comment